International Students Visa

Student Visas

Immigration Policies for International Students

International students must comply with the policies set by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please adhere strictly to the requirements to minimize delay or other problems that may arise.

A valid passport with a minimum of one and a half year (18 months) of validity is required to apply for your student visa. You need to obtain an approval letter from the Malaysian Immigration Department prior to entering the country via the college.

  • You must forward all the necessary documentation to the Student Enrolment Centre before an application can be made for your student pass or visa.
  • The college will apply for a student pass / visa on your behalf.
  • The whole process with COMPLETE DOCUMENTS for application, submission and approval for the Visa Approval Letter will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
  • Once approved, the college will obtain the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from EMGS, which issued by Malaysian Department of Immigration.
  • Please seek advice from the nearest Malaysian Embassy, High Commission for application to obtain an entry visa before entering Malaysia.
  • It is advisable that you obtain your Visa Approval Letter before entering to study in Malaysia to avoid any issues or problems coming to study in Malaysia.


Please note that the Visa Approval Letter is ONLY valid for 3 months

Upon receiving your entry visa, you are to inform the college a minimum of 7 working days before departing from your country.

  • Bring along a copy of your Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
  • The college representatives will meet you at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport to assist you to process your entry visa at the immigration checkpoint.
  • Please report to the International Support Team soon after your arrival with your original passport and Letter of Acceptance.
  • It is illegal to study in Malaysia under a social / tourist pass.
  • A Special Pass MAY BE granted at the discretion of the Director-General of Immigration or person acting on his behalf.
  • The Director-General has the right to reject any Special Pass application without giving any reasons.


Social / Tourist Pass

The college strongly discourages the use of Social Visas to enter Malaysia before receiving your Visa Approval Letter. Please be reminded that as the University cannot guarantee your application for student visa / pass will be approved, it may place your studies at high risk.


Transfer Students from Other Colleges
  • Students who wish to change colleges / universities after receiving your student visa will need to obtain approval from the Immigration authorities.
  • Any transfer student who wishes to study at RENG College has to cancel his / her Student Pass from the previous college. We advise such students to submit all the relevant documents to the Visa Processing Unit at the International Office to facilitate returning to his / her home country.
  • Students are encouraged to enter Malaysia only once they have obtained the VAL from the Immigration Department which will be sent to the students by the University.
  • Students holding a valid pass under one college / university are not allowed to study in any other institution.


Renewal / Extension of Student Pass

Please bring your passport to the Visa Processing Unit, 3 months before the expiry date of your student pass for processing as failure to do so will incur penalty charges. You need to submit the following Visa Processing Centre:

  1. Clearance Form from the Registrar’s Office
  2. Your original Passport
  3. Renewal fee of Student Pass (they are according to countries within the range of RM 950 – RM 1,000)
  4. 2 pcs of passport-size photo, in blue background
  5. Letter of Acceptance


  • If you wish to withdraw from your studies, you must report to the Registrar’s Office one month prior to leaving for your home country.
  • You are required to complete the Withdrawal Form from the Registrar’s Office and obtain approval for the deposit refund.
  • You must bring along a confirmed air ticket for a Student Pass cancellation.
  • Failure to comply with this procedure will necessitate the University notifying the Immigration Department and the Ministry of Higher Education to cancel your Student Pass.
  • If you wish to defer your studies, you will have to return to your home country.
  • You need to report to the Registrar’s Office with a confirmed air ticket, as well as to report / inform the Visa Processing Unit of your re-entry after the deferment period for advice on your next Student Pass renewal.
  • Failure to comply with this procedure will result in the University having to notify the Immigration Department and the Ministry of Higher Education to cancel your Student Pass.


Defer Students

Returning Home during the Holidays

If you are planning to return to your home country during the semester break or holidays, you need to inform the Visa Processing Unit for advice on your next Student Pass renewal.


When you have a new passport
  • If you renew or change your passport for any reason, please transfer your student pass sticker from the old passport to the new passport immediately.
  • Your student pass will not be valid in the old passport.
  • You need to bring your old and new passports to the Visa Processing Centre to prepare the necessary documents for the sticker transfer.
  • There will be charges for a Single / Multiple entry visa based on the entry country.
  • The duration for transferring the sticker would be 14 working days upon submission to the Immigration.


If you lose your Passport

In the event that you lose your passport, you need to do the following steps:

  1. Lodge a police report. With the police report, proceed to your Embassy or High Commission to make a new passport.
  2. Upon obtaining your new passport, proceed to the Visa Processing Centre with a copy of your police report and a letter from the Embassy as the support document to obtain your new student pass sticker for your new passport.


Other General and Important Information:
  • Please be reminded that you are required to carry your passport at all times when travelling in Malaysia.


For Enquiries

For further enquiry or information please drop by the RENG College International Office, Subang Jaya. Our office hours are between 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday (closed on public holidays) or e-mail to enquiry@rengcollege.edu.my.


Visa Status Awareness

Renewal of Visa by the Immigration is subject to the following:
  • Students are required to have a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and 80% attendance.
  • A valid reason for being absent from class for 3 consecutive days must be provided to the immigration.
  • The immigration reserves the right to cancel student passes if a student has poor attendance or academic results.
  • Students who do not meet the requirements of CGPA set by the immigration, his/her student visa will be renewed for 6 months instead of 12 months.
  • If the CGPA or the student improves to a grade of 2.0, a one-year student pass will be granted in the following renewal application. The same applies to the student’s attendance.