Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and structures, incorporating spaces with aesthetic and functional values. An architect is well respected due to his professionalism and the task of orchestrating impressive building concepts, design and knowing constructive works. Architects also focus on exterior and interior space of buildings and structures, and the environment as a whole. Every project comes with new ideas and the exploration of concepts defining the community living space.
Diploma in Architectural Studies
The Diploma in Architectural Studies programme is exclusively designed for students with keen interest in pursuing comprehensive architectural knowledge and skill, and with sufficient experience they can begin practice as a qualified architect. The programme also combines theory and practical learning so that students begin with an approach that stimulates practice with real world situations. To cultivate a new generation of professional architects, RENG College emphasizes on sustainable development which is to become a strength in architectural practice.
The Programme aims to:
- Produce graduates with the necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in one or more of the following areas: architecture consulting, architecture planning, project management and construction;
- Prepare graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to architectural ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments;
- Prepare graduates who are capable of entering and succeeding in an advanced degree programme in a discipline such as architecture and other related fields;
- Instill the ability to conceive, formulate, innovate and design according to various requirements and needs;
- Develop oral, written, visual, and graphic presentation skills with technical knowledge necessary for perception and expression of ideas in architectural design;
- Cultivate an in-depth perception of architecture as an activity in time and space, and to develop the ability to design functions with an awareness of contextual issues involved in the various facets of architecture;
- Understanding Sustainable Development and to utilize it for impressing innovative design decisions.
Career Opportunities in Architecture
- Architectural Technologist / Lighting Architect
- Interior and Spatial or Landscape Architect
- Building surveyor
- Commercial/residential surveyor
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer
- Site Safety Analyst
- Structural Engineer
- Restoration and Research Architect
- Urban Planner
- Pass SPM / O-Levels with 3 credits including Mathematics and pass in Art Education and English;
- Other equivalent qualifications. Must pass a Drawing test and portfolio test for those who did not take Art Education in SPM.
- The entire programme can be completed in 2 1/2 years (8 semesters).
- Download Diploma in Architecture brochure here.