Teesside University from the UK is dynamic, energetic and innovative. We are inspiring others to do the same.
- University of the Year – the first modern university to win the Times Higher award.
- Founded on a rich past – 80 years of innovation in education.
- One of the top UK universities for widening participation in higher education.
- Tees Valley is one of the country’s best kept secrets. We’ve got top surf, a national park on the doorstep plus unique shopping and culture, bars and famous clubs.
- Investment – £120m on our friendly town campus at the heart of Middlesbrough.
- Our students love it – 82% of our degree students are happy with their course – 60% on courses in academic areas where teaching provision has been rated excellent.
- We’re research active – with an international reputation for excellence in enterprise.
- Our alumni have gone on to great things – opera singer Suzannah Clarke; Marek Reichman, Design Director for Aston Martin; Deborah Dyer (singer, Skin); Roger Shannon, Cannes award-winning film producer.
UNIVERSITY OF THE SUNSHINE COAST
Australia’s newest university accommodates undergraduate and postgraduate courses for our students. As their library collection is growing quickly, so is their facilities are being upgraded to meet the needs of this generation. The proximity of the campus to most beaches and national parks makes it an ideal place to study.
- The University of the Sunshine Coast offers more than 70 postgraduate and research programs from certificate to PhD level. Furthermore, students are able to study alongside one of Queensland’s beautiful beaches
- One of the first things you will notice on campus is the friendly and relaxed atmosphere, because USC is renowned for its environmentally sustainable design, distinctive architecture and modern facilities.
- USC offers more than 70 degrees in the areas of business and information technology, communication and design, education, health, humanities and social sciences, and science and engineering.
- It is the only public university to attain 5 stars for teaching quality in the 2013 Universities Guide, due to USC’s academics being experienced professionals in delivering quality education
- Many USC degrees have flexible program structures allowing you to study electives across different areas, in different faculties, and students studying will stand a chance to gain work experience.
Since opening its doors in 1975, Griffith University has come to be regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions and one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- We were the very first university in Australia to offer degrees in Asian studies and Environmental studies to our students and we remain a pioneer in these fields. We have grown to be a large multi-campus institution with internationally recognised strengths in teaching and research. Griffith now offers more than 300 degrees across five campuses and is home to more than 43,000 students from 131 countries. Griffith is Australia’s ninth largest higher education provider.
- Offering over 300 degrees, Griffith University has an extensive range of study options that can take you where you want to go
- Our 5 campuses span 3 cities between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, each with distinct areas of teaching and research strength and working closely with its local community. Explore each of our campuses below, or watch our video.
- Visit Our World to share in the stories of our students, staff, and graduates and learn about their positive contributions to the world.
- Established in 1971, Griffith opened its doors at Nathan in 1975 to 451 students in four schools: Australian Environmental Studies, Humanities, Modern Asian Studies and Science. For more information on our history and to find out why the university is named Griffith take a moment to read through our History page or jump straight in to our Fast Facts page.
VU is one of the few universities in the country to offer both vocational training (TAFE) and higher education with highly accessible pathways from one to the other. So you can achieve your dream job without your ATAR score holding you back.
- Industry connections – We have services and options to help you advance your career: from general career advice, CV and interview preparation skills, to workplace learning in our courses.
- Flexibility to succeed – We have flexible learning pathways between vocational (VE/TAFE) and higher education so you can enter at various points and exit when you’ve reached your study goals.
- We are leaders in sport – Our outstanding reputation in sport, exercise and active living is built by extensive course offerings, innovative research, state-of-the-art facilities and expert staff.
- Our community – University isn’t just about study. Learn about what else we have to offer and get involved with our vibrant and multicultural VU community.
- Testimonials – Meet some of our students and graduates who can describe how they have found success at university or in their careers.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
The University aspires to be a global leader in each of its spheres of achievement. Through engagement with our partners, the University will deliver world-class innovation to support the development of strong regional communities.
- In less than 50 years, our outstanding educators have achieved a long list of accolades and our world-class researchers are recognised for their contribution to many fields of inquiry. Our remarkable students continue to impress with stories of success both at home and on the world stage.Together and as individuals, we are among the world’s best.
- The University of Newcastle is a research-intensive institution with an exceptional record of achievement. We are ranked among the top three per cent of the world’s universities, according to both the Times Higher Education (THE) World University and QS World University Rankings. We are equally proud to be a young university competing among the world’s best with a current ranking of 19th in the world and number 1 in Australia on the QS Top 50 under 50 (years) list. We recorded the biggest improvement for an Australian university on the list in 2014.
- As well as a five place jump on the QS Top 50 under 50 list, the QS World University Rankings placed fifteen of our disciplines in the top 200 in the world in 2015. The result shows a strong upward trend in our rankings, with significant world movement in a range of areas including Engineering, Geography, and Linguistics. Our Architecture/Built Environment debuted at 40th in the world in the 2015 announcement, and sixth in Australia. As our performance on the world stage improves year on year, we move closer to realising our vision of being global leaders in each of our spheres of achievement – equity, education and research.
- The university aspires to ensure that the UON student experience allows our students to excel. In 2013, the Australian Graduate Survey returned a satisfaction rating of 84 per cent, a two per cent improvement on our 2012 rating. We continue to rank in the top quartile of all Australian universities for quality teaching thanks to ongoing improvement in teacher satisfaction on the survey’s Good Teaching Scale. But surveys are not the be all and end all. The success of our students is a far more important measure of the quality UON experience.