About Interior Architecture
Interior Architecture is about designing the interior of a space. The interior elements can include things like the flooring, windows, doors, cabinets, walls, lighting, furniture and other design works. The purpose of Interior Architecture is generally to make a living, working and entertainment space that is both comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. An interior designer normally works closely with the immediate client to provide advice and creative solutions in interior design works. It is also common for an interior designer to work with built environment professionals handling larger project, playing a prominent role in fulfilling the interior design requirements. Career progression of an interior designer is assured with challenges and excitement and highly but promising rewards.
Diploma in Interior Architecture
The Diploma in Interior Architecture is designed for students with keen interest in pursuing comprehensive interior design knowledge to practice as a professional Interior Architect. The programme is also putting key learning emphasis on Sustainable Development which is widely used in the architectural practice. The programme aims to:
- Produce graduates with the necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in one or more of the following areas: interior and space consulting, planning, project management and construction;
- Prepare graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments;
- Prepare graduates who are capable of entering and succeeding in an advanced degree programme in a field such as interior design and other related fields;
- Inculcate the ability to conceive, formulate, innovate and design according to various requirements and needs;
- Be able to develop oral, written, visual, and graphic presentation skills and technical knowledge necessary for perception and expression of ideas in architectural design;
- Inculcate an in-depth perception of interior design as an activity in time and space, and develop ability to design functions with an awareness of contextual issues involved in the various facets of interior design works;
- Understand the concept of Sustainable Development and put them to good use for innovative design decision.
Career Opportunities in Interior Architecture Related Courses
- Spatial Environment Designer
- Exhibition Space Designer
- Event Coordinator
- Interior Designer (Macro-spatial specialization)
- Interior Designer (Micro-spatial specialization)
- 3D Conceptual Space Visualization Designer
- Interior Space Consultant
- Interior Decorator
- Conventional Space Designer (Commercial Designer)
- Color Coordinator (Interior Space)
- Sustainable Environment Designer/ Consultant
- Pass SPM / O-Levels with 3 credits and pass in Art Education;
- Other equivalent qualifications.
- Must pass a Drawing test and port-folio test for those who did not take Art Education in SPM.
- The entire programme can be completed in 3 years (9 semesters). 3 years inclusive of industrial training, compulsory for the growth of trainees to improve their capabilities.
- Download Diploma in Interior Architecture brochure here.